Cycling tour in Franconia
Round trip from Bamberg, 8 days/7 nights from EUR 599
If you fancy a holiday in Franconia (German: Franken), located in the northern part of the Free State of Bavaria, then this tour is perfect for you. The landscape is green and hilly, but easily accessible thanks to the rivers Main, Regnitz and Pegnitz. This tour takes you through well-known cities such as Bamberg, Nuremberg and Bayreuth, but you’ll also get to enjoy lots of nature. The region is famous for its hearty food and great variety of beers - ideal for a Franconian bike holiday. However, you should have a good level of fitness for this cycling tour in Franconia.
Day 1 Arrival in Bamberg
Enjoy your first evening in the winding alleys of the historic centre with a hearty Bavarian beer.
Day 2 Bamberg - Erlangen, approx. 55 km / 34 mi
You’ll cycle along the river Regnitz to Forchheim with its medieval castle and magnificent half-timbered houses. Erlangen is probably one of the most famous German university cities.
Day 3 Erlangen - Hersbruck, approx. 60 km / 37 mi
Without any doubt, today's highlight is Nuremberg, where you should make sure to visit the historic town centre and the castle. You’ll then roll along easy paths to today’s destination.
Day 4 Hersbruck - Pegnitz, approx. 50 km / 31 mi
You’ll experience beautiful nature in the Pegnitz Valley and Veldenstein Forest. However, there is also a more demanding stage through the hilly landscape.
Day 5 Pegnitz - Bayreuth, approx. 40 km / 25 mi
Do you fancy a Pegnitz beer bratwurst (traditional sausage) for breakfast? Then get on your bike and cycle to the Red Main, which you’ll follow into the festival city of Bayreuth.
Day 6 Bayreuth - Burgkunstadt, approx 45 km / 28 mi
The White and Red Main meet at Kulmbach. From here you follow the Main Cycle Path. In Burgkunstadt, the shoemaker's museum is testament to the local shoe industry.
Day 7 Burgkunstadt - Bamberg, approx. 65 km / 40 mi
The stage may be a little longer, but the cycle paths are great on this next stretch to Bamberg along the Main. Take your time to explore the historic city centre, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 8 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your cycling tour in Franconia?
Included in your package "Cycling tour in Franconia":
- 7 overnight stays, incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- travel documents and maps in english
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/rear brake or 27 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 14.04. to 16.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 599 EUR super saver price
24.04.-29.04. + 09.10.-16.10.
- 699 EUR saver price
14.04.-23.04. + 30.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 749 EUR basic price
15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05. + 19.06.-30.06.
- 799 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 230 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 45 EUR kids bike/trailer
- 195 EUR e-bike
- 60 EUR additional night, double room, B&B
- 90 EUR additional night, single room, B&B
- booking code "Cycling tour in Franconia":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to "Cycling tour in Frankonia":
Arrival by car in Bamberg:
Public car park, approx. 45 euros / week, no reservation possible.
Free Park & Ride parking spaces on the outskirts of the town, no reservation possible.
Arrival via train:
Bamberg train station
Arrival at Frankfurt airport:
by train to Bamberg, about every half hour, approx 2.5 h, you have to change the train 1 times, cost: approx. EUR 55
Booked rental bikes awaits you at the hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.