Cycling tour in the Allgäu
Round trip from Lindau, 9 days / 8 nights from EUR 749
The Allgäu region stretches between Lake Constance and Munich. It is an impressive landscape in the Alpine foothills and your tour will be characterised by lush green meadows, brown cows, delicious cheeses, typical houses and Baroque churches. There have been excellent hiking trails in the region for a while, but now new cycle paths enable a stunning round trip that starts and ends at Lake Constance. You should have a good level of fitness for this tour. Alternatively, you can use an e-bike.
Day 1 Arrival in Lindau
The island town looks stunningly picturesque against the blue lake and the snow-capped mountains. The narrow alleys in the medieval town centre are perfect to loose yourself for a few hours.
Day 2 Lindau - Oberstaufen, approx. 55 km/ 34 mi
Shortly after the start you will cycle uphill – there the typical landscape of lush green meadows and brown cows awaits you.
Day 3 Oberstaufen
Today you will explore this traditional region in a relaxed manner. How about a trip with the mountain railway to Oberstaufen's local mountain, the Hochgrath?
Day 4 Oberstaufen - Nesselwang, approx. 50 km/ 34 mi
Clear lakes, impressive mountains and Baroque church towers – this awaits you on today’s stage.
Day 5 Nesselwang - Füssen, 25-60 km/ 16-37 mi
Today you will cycle along Lake Forggensee. At your destination you will visit the castle Hohes Schloss. Alternatively, you can take a detour and see the fairytale castle Neuschwanstein.
Day 6 Füssen - Kempten, approx. 70 km/ 43 mi
You can look forward to some lively ascents and descents in the Kempter Forest. Kempten has Roman origins and is one of the oldest towns in Germany.
Day 7 Kempten - Isny - Wangen, approx. 65 km/ 40 mi
A decommissioned train line leads through the Württemberg Allgäu region. Wangen’s historic town centre is an architectural ensemble from the Middle Ages to the Baroque.
Day 8 Wangen - Lindau, approx. 45 km/ 28 mi
First cows, then fields of hop, then orchards – following the descent you will cycle back to Lindau along the lakeshore.
Day 9 Departure or extend your stay
The tour ends after breakfast. If you like, extend your cycling holidays in the Allgäu in Lindau.
Included in "Cycling tour in the Allgäu":
- 8 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel,
no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- Oberstaufen guest card
- travel documents and maps in english
- visitor taxes payable on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable ladies and gentlemen bikes with trapezoidal frame available in different frame sizes with 30-gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 14.04. to 16.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 749 EUR super saver price
24.04.-29.04. + 09.10.-16.10.
- 849 EUR saver price
14.04.-23.04. + 30.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 899 EUR basic price
15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09.
- 949 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 250 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 195 EUR e-Bike
- 75 EUR additional night Oberstaufen double room p.p. B&B
- 105 EUR additional night Oberstaufen in single room, B&B
- 60 EUR additional night other citys double room p.p. B&B
- 90 EUR additional night other city in single room, B&B
- booking code "Cycling tour in the Allgäu":
- how you can save money
Parking in Lindau:
Large parking spaces on and in front of the island, approx. EUR 50 per week, Karl-Bever-Platz / Seeparkplatz, costs approx. EUR 7.00 per day.
Arriving by train:
Train station Lindau
Arrival at Munich airport:
By train, hourly, journey takes approx. 2-3 hours, 2-3 x changes, Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 48.
Pre-booked rental bikes are ready for you in your hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.