Cycling holidays in Upper Bavaria
Roundtrip from Munich, 7 days / 6 nights from EUR 599
This surprisingly easy cycling tour will take you from Munich to the picturesque Bavarian alpine world. Small and large lakes, the turquoise alpine river Isar, the Wetterstein and Karwendel mountain ranges, famous cities and quaint villages are all things you’ll encounter on this cycling holiday in upper Bavaria. Savour Bavarian beer and the region’s hearty dishes. This tour is suitable for novices and expert cyclists alike.
Day 1 Arrival in Munich
Why not arrive ahead of schedule and explore the highlights the Bavarian capital has to offer.
Day 2 Munich - Murnau, approx. 65 km / 40 mi
Today’s itinerary along easy cycle paths features Lake Starnberg, the Osterseen lakes and the Staffelsee. You can shorten the tour by boat.
Day 3 Murnau- Garmisch-Partenkirchen, 40 km / 25 mi
Today’s route is fairly brief and leads straight through the mountains. This will allow for a ride on the Zugspitze railway.
Day 4 Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Wallgau, 45 km / 28 mi
The toughest inclines will be covered by train, after which you’ll get to visit the river Isar’s source, and a glorious ride along the Karwendel mountain range.
Day 5 Wallgau - Bad Tölz, approx. 50 km / 31 mi
Today you’ll be following the turquoise-blue waters of the Isar through the picturesque Bavarian landscape. Today’s destination is Bad Tölz, whose historic centre has been featured in many a TV show.
Day 6 Bad Tölz - München, approx. 60 km / 37 mi
The well constructed Isar cycle path will comfortably lead you back to Munich. Many beer gardens await along the route.
Day 7 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. But why not extend your cycling holidays in Upper Bavaria?
Included in "Cycling holidays in Upper Bavaria":
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, 1 piece p.p., 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- drinks voucher for EUR 5 p.p. for Ambach
- restaurant guide
- train ride Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Scharnitz exkl. bike
(cycling ticket under your own steam, approx. EUR 5)
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS tracks
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
Selected hotels in the international 3*/4* category according to Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 21 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 18.04. to 10.09.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 599 EUR super saver price
18.04. - 29.04.
- 749 EUR saver price
30.04. - 12.05.
- 789 EUR basic price
13.05. - 19.06.
- 829 EUR seasonal price
20.06. - 10.09.
- 240 EUR single room surcharge
- 80 EUR rental bike
- 190 EUR e-bike
- 90 EUR additional night in Munich, double room B&B
- 140 EUR additional night in Munich, single room B&B
- booking code"Cycling holidays in Upper Bavaria":
- how you can save some money
- Discount in the room of two adults
00 - 05 years: 100 %
06 - 11 years: 50 %
12 - 17 years: 25 %
Arrival to "Cycling holidays in Upper Bavaria":
Parking in Munich:
Underground parking at the hotel, costs approx. 50 €/week.
Free parking near the hotel, no reservation possible
Arrival in Munich by train:
Munich Central Station, via U/S-Bahn to Heimeranplatz 3/2-stations
Arrival at Munich airport:
Via S-Bahn, approx.every 30 minutes, journey takes approx. 1 hour, 1 x change
Pre-booked rental bikes are ready for you at the hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.