Cycling Holiday in Lower Bavaria
Roundtrip from Regensburg, 8 days / 7 nights from EUR 599
The starting and end point of this tour along the rivers Danube, Isar and Abens is one of Germany’s most beautiful cities, Regensburg. Further highlights include the duchy of Landshut, and the princely-episcopal residence of Freising. There will also be ample opportunities along this route to sample some of Bavaria’s famous beer, as the Hallertau region is one of the top global producers of hops. In short: this cycling holiday in lower Bavaria will delight you, as long as you’ve got a solid base-level stamina.
Day 1 Arrival in Regensburg
Explore Germany’s prettiest city’s sprawling alleyways and enjoy the local cuisine.
Day 2 Regensburg - Straubing, approx. 50 km / 31 mi
You’ll be cycling just below the Walhalla along the Danube through the “Gäuboden” countryside. Straubing’s historic centre is especially worth visiting.
Day 3 Straubing - Deggendorf - Plattling, 50 km / 31 mi
The village of Bogen is known for its sculpture of the pregnant Madonna. You’ll find lots of churches and inns around the town square in Deggendorf.
Day 4 Plattling - Landshut, approx. 70 km / 43 mi
Riding alongside the Isar in an upstream direction you’ll reach Landshut, the ancient Bavarian capital and duchy, full of beautiful buildings.
Day 5 Landshut - Freising, approx. 40 km / 25 mi
Via the old monastery settlement of Moosburg, you’ll be heading to Freising, an episcopal and university town, which is also home to the famous Weihenstephan monastery.
Day 6 Freising - Abensberg/Bad Gögging, approx. 65-70 km / 40-43 mi
As you’re riding through the Hallertau region, today’s agenda is fully devoted to hops. It is the world’s largest producer of the bitter plant.
Day 7 Abensberg/Bad Gögging - Regensburg, 60-65 km / 37-40 mi, boat trip
A ship will take you from the Weltenburg monastery to the stunning Danube Gorge in Weltenburg, after which you’ll ride your bike back to Regensburg.
Day 8 Departure or extension
The tour terminates after breakfast, why not extend your cycling holidays in Lower Bavaria.
Included in "Cycling Holiday in Lower Bavaria":
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel,
no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- boat trip Weltenburg-Kelheim incl. bike
- travel documents and maps in english
- visitor’s taxes payable on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union, all rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/rear brake or 27 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- arrivals daily from 18.03. to 23.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 599 EUR super saver price
18.03.-31.03. + 09.10.-23.10
- 699 EUR saver price
01.04.-09.04. + 24.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 749 EUR basic price
10.04.-23.04. + 15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09.
- 799 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 230 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 195 EUR e-bike
- 60 EUR additional night, double room, B&B
- 90 EUR additional night, single room, B&B
- booking code "Cycling holiday in Lower Bavaria":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to your cycling holiday in lower Bavaria:
Parking in Regensburg:
Parking garages, cost EUR 10-20/day. No reservation possible.
Chargeable hotel parking according to availability, details in the travel documents.
Arriving by train:
Regensburg train station
Arriving by plane at Munich airport:
Take the bus to Freising, from there by train (Alex) to Regensburg, duration approx. 1:30 hours, you have to change the train one time, price approx. EUR 30.
Booked rental bikes awaits you at the hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.