Beer tour in Bavaria
Round trip from Nuremberg, 8 days/7 nights from EUR 649
This round trip will lead you through the famous medieval towns of Nuremberg, Bamberg and Rothenburg, as well as “Beer Franconia” - where you’ll find more breweries than anywhere else in the world. Along the route which mostly leads along rivers and canals, you’ll see countless castles, chateaus and beer gardens. However, you should have a certain level of baseline fitness for this Beer tour in Bavaria, or consider using an e-bike.
Day 1 Arrival in Nuremberg
Explore the old imperial city with the famous Kaiserburg. Tip: Nuremberg gingerbread from Fraunholz.
Day 2 Nuremberg - Erlangen, 30 km / 19 mi
On the Regnitz cycle path you cycle through shady alluvial forest and green meadows towards the city of Erlangen.
Day 3 Erlangen - Bamberg, 55 km / 34 mi
It is pleasant to cycle downstream through the valley of the Regnitz - the Steigerwald and Franconian Switzerland picturesquely line your path to the right and left.
Day 4 Bamberg - Neustadt a.d. Aisch, 65/55 km / 40/34 mi
The river Aisch will lead you along to Neustadt, which is shaped by its widely preserved fortifications. This route can be shortened by taking the train.
Day 5 Neustadt - Rothenburg o.d. Tauber, 55 km / 34 mi
Bad Windsheim is not only home to an interesting open-air museum, but also an exquisite museum micro-brew. For your last evening, the towns’ medieval alleys offer a great setting.
Day 6 Rothenburg - Wolframs-Eschenbach, 65 km/ 40 mi
On the slightly hilly Castle Road, you will enjoy picturesque views of the mighty Zollernburg in Colmberg, the magnificent residential town of Ansbach, and finally arrive in Wolframs-Eschenbach; a medieval town that is entirely dedicated to the poet Parzival.
Day 7 Wolframs-Eschenbach - Nürnberg, ca. 65 km/ 40 mi
The Burgenstrasse Cycle Route is a pleasantly easy ride today. In Nuremberg, you can look forward to the old town in the evening and good Franconian food.
Day 8 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your Beer tour in Bavaria?
Included in your package "Beer tour in Bavaria":
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- guided tour through Rothenburg conducted by the night watchman
- 4 beer vouchers for 0.5 L beer in Bamberg, per person
- entry to the Franconian open-air museum in Bad Windsheim
(closed on mondays)
- travel documents and maps in english
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/rear brake or 27 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 14.04. to 16.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 649 EUR super saver price
24.04.-29.04. + 09.10.-16.10.
- 749 EUR saver price
14.04.-23.04. + 30.04.-14.05.
- 799 EUR basic price
15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09
- 849 EUR seasonal
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 250 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 195 EUR e-bike
- 75 EUR additional night, double room, B&B
- 110 EUR additional night, single room, B&B
- booking code "Beer tour in Bavaria":
- how you can save some money
- train Bamberg-Hirschaid, approx. EUR 13
Parking in Nuremberg:
Public parking in the city center, cost approx. 35 €/week, no reservation possible.
Hotel parking subject to availability, details in the travel documents.
Arrival by train:
Main station Nuremberg
Arrival at Nuremberg airport:
Nuremberg Airport, take the subway to Nuremberg, about every 10 min., approx 6 min., you have to change the train 0 times, cost: approx. EUR 3
Arrival at Munich airport:
Munich Airport, take the train to Nuremberg, about every 30 min., approx 2 h, you have to change the train 1 time, cost: approx. EUR 55
Booked rental bikes awaits you at the hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.