Main river by Boat & Bike
Aschaffenburg-Bamberg, 8 days / 7 nights from EUR 999
Day 1 Arrival in Aschaffenburg
Embarkation at 4 pm, after which you can stroll through the alleys and keep your ears peeled for the voices of centuries gone by in Johannisburg castle.
Day 2 Aschaffenburg - Bürgstadt, approx. 48 km / 30 mi
Your tour first takes you into the romantic small timbered town of Miltenberg, then you will continue cycling to Freudenberg with the striking castle.
Day 3 Bürgstadt - Wertheim - Lohr, 40-45 km / 25-28 mi
You’ll be starting in the “Siberia of Baden” and cycle alongside the peaks of the Spessart mountain range until you reach the town of Lohr, where Snow White is said to have lived.
Day 4 Lohr - Karlstadt - Würzburg, approx. 30 km / 19 mi
You’ll see many fortresses and ruins atop the nearby peaks, after which you’ll reach the Bishopric of Würzburg, featuring a residency and the Mary fortress (Marienfestung).
Day 5 Würzburg - Kitzingen, approx. 40 km / 25 mi
Beautiful villages shaped by timber-framed houses are plentiful along today’s route. Why not try some hearty Franconian food like dumplings with gravy (“Kloß mit Soß”) in Kitzingen.
Day 6 Kitzingen - Schweinfurt, 40-60 km/ 25-37 mi
Unhurriedly cycling along the winding and twisting river Main, you can stop off in the wine village of Volkach for a longer break.
Day 7 Schweinfurt - Haßfurt - Bamberg, 35-40 km/ 22-25 mi
Slowly but surely, winyards are replaced by tree-filled slopes, after which you’ll soon reach the UNESCO world heritage city of Bamberg, which is home to the largest number of breweries in the world.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your bike tour Main river by boat and bike concludes.
Here are the details on MS Allure.
Included in your package "Main river by Boat & bike":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- all harbour- and lock duties
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- optional rental bike
- outside cabins, 8 sqm/5 sq ft with ensuite WC and shower
- all cabins have portholes which can be opened
- all cabins feature beds with level access
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes with freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2021:
- Arrival on saturdays
- Minimum number of participants: 15. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 999 EUR 2-bed cabin
- 1399 EUR twin cabin, single occupancy
- 75 EUR rental bike
- 165 EUR e-bike
P & R parking space at the train station (Luitpoldstraße 9), EUR 10/day
Arrival by train:
Aschaffenburg train station, appox. 2,5 km to the hythe, price per taxi approx. EUR 13
Arrival by plane:
Airport Frankfurt, by train to Aschaffenburg, duration approx. 2 h, 1-2 x changes, cost: approx. EUR 30
- Under your own steam by train, duration approx. 3 h, 1-2 changes, cost: approx. EUR 40
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.