Round trip from Nuremberg, 8 days / 7 nights from EUR 599
The well-known Five Rivers Cycle Route takes you to the region between Bavaria, Franconia and the Upper Palatinate. The hilly landscape is made very accessible for the cyclist by the rivers Altmühl, Danube, Naab, Pegnitz and the Ludwig-Danube-Main Canal. Nuremberg and Regensburg are certainly the highlights of the tour, but there are also many beautiful towns and lots of nature to enjoy. Even the inexperienced can get on their bikes here without a care in the world.
Day 1 Arrival in Nuremberg
Explore the old imperial city with the famous Kaiserburg. Tip: Nuremberg gingerbread from Fraunholz.
Day 2 Nuremberg - Neumarkt, approx. 35 km / 22 mi
The Ludwig-Danube-Main Canal, opened in 1846, clears the way for a beautiful tour of the Upper Palatinate. The residential town of Neumarkt offers a great old town.
Day 3 Neumarkt – Riedenburg, 55 km / 34 mi
Today you will follow the Altmühl river, on whose banks you will find charming little towns like Beilngries or Dietfurt. Riedenburg is overlooked by 3 castle ruins.
Day 4 Riedenburg – Regensburg, approx. 60 km / 37 mi
The rocks on the left and right of the path become higher. In Kelheim you have reached the Danube, which leads you to perhaps the most beautiful German city.
Day 5 Regensburg – Kreuth/Amberg, 50/65 km / 31/40 mi
You cycle north again, following the Naab river. You know Wackersdorf from another context, Amberg is one of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe.
Day 6 Amberg – Region Hersbruck, 60/45 km / 37/28 mi
Very beautiful is today's stage, but a bit hilly for lack of a river. Hersbruck has joined the association of livable cities, discover the meaning of slow food.
Day 7 Region Hersbruck – Nürnberg, approx. 35 km / 22 mi
In the valley of the Pegnitz, the route leads leisurely back to Nuremberg. The stage is short, leaving enough time for shopping, culture and enjoyment.
Day 8 Return or Extension
The tour ends after breakfast. If you like, extend your Five-River-Tour in Nuremberg.
Included in the "Five-River-Tour":
- 7 overnight stays, B & B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- travel documents and maps in english
- visitor taxes payable on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/rear brake or 27 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- arrivals daily from 18.03. - 23.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 599 EUR super saver price
18.03.-31.03. + 09.10.-23.10.
- 699 EUR saver price
01.04.-09.04. + 24.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 749 EUR basic price
10.04.-23.04. + 15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09.
- 799 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 230 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 45 EUR kid bike/trailer
- 195 EUR e-bike
- 60 EUR additional night, double room per person, B&B
- 90 EUR additional night, single room, B&B
- booking code "Five-River-Tour":
- how you can save some money
For children, both categories:
- Discount in the room of two adults
00-05 years: 100 %
06-11 years: 50 %
12-17 years: 25 %
Arrival to the "Five-River-Tour":
Arrvial by car:
Public parking in the city center, cost approx. 35 €/week, no reservation possible.
Arrival by train:
Main station Nuremberg
Arrival at Frankfurt airport:
By train, every half an hour, duration approx. 2,5 hours, 0 changes, normal fee approx EUR 60.
Booked rental bikes awaits you at the hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.