Cycle Tour from Munich to Salzburg
Cycling on the edge of the Alps, 7 days from EUR 499
The cycle tour from Munich to Salzburg is a holiday for the eyes, body and soul. Cycling under a white and blue sky, big city flair, idyllic high alpine landscapes, large and small deep blue lakes, customs, cosmopolitanism, well-known cities and rustic villages form the framework of this holiday. Enjoy the Bavarian beer and the hearty dishes of the region as well as the fine Austrian pastries. For this cycle tour you should bring some basic level of fitness.
Day 1 Arrival in Munich
Come early enough and discover the highlights of the Bavarian capital, e.g. one of the Pinakotheken, the Hofbräuhaus or the panoramic view from the Alter Peter church tower.
Day 2 Munich - Grafing, approx. 60 km/37 mi + train journey
A short break on a white pebble bank of the Isar and then you cycle very rural to Grafing. From there, the train takes you to the day's destination Wasserburg am Inn.
Day 3 Wasserburg - Kufstein, approx. 65 km / 40 mi
Discover the locations of the Rosenheim cops (a popular soap) on today's stage. You cycle the Inn on the right side to Kufstein, the "Pearl of Tyrol".
Day 4 Kufstein - St. Johann in Tirol, approx. 45 km / 28 mi
Today it goes through the hilly Kaiserwinkl of Tyrol. In between, enjoy a refreshing swim in the deep blue water of the Walchensee.
Day 5 St. Johann - Bad Reichenhall, approx. 50 km / 31 mi
Surrounded by the high mountains, today you drive through the Saalach Valley into the Salzburg region. Whether it's a café or a brewery inn - in the old salt town of Bad Reichenhall, connoisseurs get their money's worth.
Day 6 Bad Reichenhall - Salzburg, approx. 50 km / 31 mi
A detour to Königsee, a stroll through the historic Berchtesgaden or a visit to one of the thermal baths - you are spoiled for choice. You cycle on easy paths to Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart.
Day 7 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. But why not extend your cycle tour from Munich to Salzburg?
Included in "Cycle Tour from Munich to Salzburg":
- 6 overnight stays, B & B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- train ride Grafing-Wasserburg incl. bike
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS tracks
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
Selected hotels in the international 3*/4* category according to Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 21 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 18.04. to 10.09.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 499 EUR saver price
18.04. - 29.04.
- 669 EUR basic price
30.04.-20.05. + 20.06.-10.09.
- 699 EUR seasonal price
21.05. - 19.06.
- 160 EUR single room surcharge
- 80 EUR rental bike
- 190 EUR e-bike
- 90 EUR additional night in Munich, double room B&B
- 140 EUR additional night in Munich, single room B&B
- 85 EUR additional night Salzburg, double room B&B
- 120 EUR additional night Salzburg, single room B&B
- 105 EUR extra night Salzburg, double B&B, 10.07.-31.08.
- 150 EUR extra night Salzburg, single B&B, 10.07.-31.08.
- booking code "Cycle Tour from Munich to Salzburg":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to "Cycle Tour from Munich to Salzburg":
Parking in Munich:
Underground parking at the hotel, costs approx. 50 €/week.
Free parking near the hotel, no reservation possible
Arrival in Munich by train:
Munich Central Station, via U/S-Bahn to Heimeranplatz 3/2-stations
Arrival at Munich airport:
Via S-Bahn, approx.every 30 minutes, journey takes approx. 1 hour, 1 x change
Pre-booked rental bikes are ready for you at the hotel.
- Under your own steam by train, duration approx. 1 h 45, without change of trains, normal fee approx. EUR 30.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.