Boat & bike on Main river
Bamberg - Aschaffenburg, 8 days / 7 nights from EUR 999
You’ll find possibly the prettiest section of the Main cycle path between Bamberg and Aschaffenburg. Boasting UNESCO world heritage sites, local micro-breweries, steep vineyards producing famous wines and hearty food, this region caters to all tastes. Furthermore, the cycle paths here are well built and maintained and mostly flat - so riding your bike here is very pleasurable, and can be wholeheartedly recommended to both novice and expert cyclists.
The tour "Boat & bike on Main river" commences in Bamberg. Here you can find further information on the MS Allure.
Day 1 Arrival in Bamberg
Embarkation at 4 pm - after which you should definitely go explore this UNESCO world heritage and beer-crazy city.
Charming villages full of timber-framed houses are on your route today, but today’s highlight is the Würzburg Bishopric, with its residency and fortress.
Day 6 Wertheim - Freudenberg, 30 km/19 mi + boat trip
In Wertheim you’ve reached the region of Baden, where Castle Freudenburg towers over your destination.
Day 7 Freudenberg - Aschaffenburg, approx. 50 km/31 mi
Miltenberg is the romantic highlight of your day. You’ll spot the impressive Johannisburg castle in Aschaffenburg from far afield.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast, your tour "Boat & bike on Main river" concludes.
Here are the details on MS Allure.
Included in your package "Boat & bike on Main river":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink
- english speaking on-board tour guide
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- outside cabins, 8 sqm/86 sq ft with ensuite WC and shower
- all cabins have portholes which can be opened
- all cabins feature beds with level access
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes with freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays14.05. + 11.06. + 25.06. + 09.07. + 23.07. + 06.08.
- Minimum number of participants: 15. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 999 EUR 2-bed cabin
- 1399 EUR 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 75 EUR rental bike
- 165 EUR e-bike
Arrival to "Boat & bike on Main river":
Car park Georgendamm 2a (very close to the city center and to the MS Allure), approx. EUR 15,- per day. Alternatively P+R on the outskirts of the city with low-cost parking spots and tickets (e.g. P+R Breitenau or P+R Heinrichsdamm).
Arrival by train:
Bamberg train station, appox. 2,5 km to the hythe, price per taxi approx. EUR 13
Arrival by plane:
Airport Frankfurt, by train to Bamberg, duration approx. 2:45, 1 x changes, cost: approx. EUR 30-40
- Under your own steam by train, duration approx. 3 h, 1-2 changes, cost: approx. EUR 40
You can always take your own bike with you. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded twice a day with many others on and off the ship and damage can not be ruled out. A liability for this can not be assumed. We advise you to book one of the good rental bikes.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.