Sporty bike tour on the Main Cycle Path
Bamberg - Frankfurt, 7 days / 6 nights from EUR 549
For the convinced cyclists with a desire for kilometers, this bike tour on the Main Cycle Path is just right. The route is well developed and flat, the best conditions for speedy progress. With good beer, wine and Franconian food, lost calories can be quickly replenished, the beautiful landscape and places worth seeing quickly set the mood for your vacation. This bike tour on the Main Cycle Path is aimed at experienced cyclists.
Day 1 Arrival in Bamberg
Enjoy your first evening in the winding alleys of the historic centre with a hearty Bavarian beer.
Day 2 Bamberg - Volkach, 90 km / 56 mi
On the first day you will soon change from "Beer Franconia" to "Wine Franconia", the old town of Schweinfurt is also worth a stop.
Day 3 Volkach - Karlstadt, 90 km / 56 mi
Well cycled in, you will pass through pretty wine villages before you should take some time for Würzburg. You will spend the evening in romantic Karlstadt.
Day 4 Karlstadt - Wertheim, 75 km / 47 mi
The tour leads through the Maindreieck on good paths and through typical half-timbered towns. The ruins of the castle overlook the former badian Wertheim.
Day 5 Wertheim - Aschaffenburg, 80 km / 50 mi
Today you cycle through the Main quadrangle to Aschaffenburg, once part of the Electorate of Mainz and promoted as the second residence of the archbishops.
Day 6 Aschaffenburg - Frankfurt, 55 km / 34 mi
The development becomes denser, but the tour is no less interesting and easy to cycle. Enjoy the last evening in the big city, e.g. with Äbbelwoi or Schobbe.
Day 7 Departure or extension
End of tour after breakfast, why not extend your sporty bike tour along the Main Cycle Path.
Included in "Sporty bike tour along the Main Cycle Path":
- 6 overnight stays, B&B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no max. number of items, max. weight: 20 kg/item (44 lbs/item)
- travel documents and maps in english
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax is to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- optional return transfer by minibus incl. bike (sat & sun)
- Category M:
Guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/rear brake or 27 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 18.03. to 23.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 549 EUR super saver price
18.03.-31.03. + 09.10.-23.10.
- 599 EUR saver price
01.04.-09.04. + 24.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 649 EUR basic price
10.04.-23.04. + 15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09.
- 699 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 180 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 195 EUR e-bike
- 98 EUR return transfer incl. bike (sat & sun)
- 55 EUR additional night, double room, incl. breakfast
- 75 EUR additional night, single room, incl. breakfast
- booking code "Sporty bike tour along the Main Cycle Path":
how you can save some money
Arrival for "Sporty bike tour along the Main Cycle Path":
Parking in Bamberg:
Car park, costs are approx. EUR 45 / week. No reservation possible.
Make use of one the free parking spaces P&R on the outskirts of town. No reservation possible.
Arrival via train:
Train station: Bamberg Hbf
Arrival at Frankfurt airport::
by train to Bamberg, every hour, journey takes approx. 3 hours, 1 x change, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 55.
Aschaffenburg-Frankfurt Airport: every hour, journey takes approx. 1 hour, without change of trains, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 15.
Pre-booked rental bikes are ready for you at the hotel.
- by train (organised by you independently):
Every 2 hrs, duration approx. 2,5 hrs. without change of trains, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 50.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.