Athletic tour in the Allgäu
Round trip from Kressbronn, 7 days / 6 nights from EUR 599
The Allgäu region stretches between Lake Constance and Munich. It is an impressive landscape in the Alpine foothills and your tour will be characterised by lush green meadows, brown cows, delicious cheeses, typical houses and Baroque churches. There have been excellent hiking trails in the region for a while, but now new cycle paths enable a stunning round trip that starts and ends at Lake Constance. For the sporty tour in the Allgäu you should have a good level of fitness for this tour. Alternatively, you can use an e-bike.
Day 1 Arrival in Kressbronn
Enjoy a first refreshing swim in Lake Constance or take off for a short trip to Friedrichshafen to the Zeppelin Museum, where you can learn all about the history of aviation.
Day 2 Kressbronn - Oberstaufen, approx. 65 km/ 40 mi
A short stretch takes you along the lake to Lindau. Shortly after the island town you leave the lake, it goes uphill – there the typical landscape of lush green meadows and brown cows awaits you.
Day 3 Oberstaufen
Today you will explore this traditional region in a relaxed manner. How about a trip with the mountain railway to Oberstaufen's local mountain, the Hochgrath?
Day 4 Oberstaufen - Füssen, approx. 75 km/ 34 mi
Clear lakes, impressive mountains and Baroque church towers – this awaits you on today’s stage. At your destination you will visit the castle Hohes Schloss. Alternatively, you can take a detour and see the fairytale castle Neuschwanstein.
Day 5 Füssen - Kempten, approx. 70 km/ 43 mi
You can look forward to some lively ascents and descents in the Kempter Forest. Kempten has Roman origins and is one of the oldest towns in Germany.
Day 6 Kempten-Wangen-Kressbronn, approx. 100 km/62 mi
A decommissioned train line leads through the Württemberg Allgäu region. Wangen’s historic town centre is an architectural ensemble from the Middle Ages to the Baroque. This is followed by cows, then fields of hop, then orchards – following the descent you will cycle back to Kressbronn along the lakeshore.
Day 7 Departure or extend your stay
The tour ends after breakfast. If you like, extend your sporty tour in the Allgäu in Lindau.
Included in "Athletic tour in the Allgäu":
- 8 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel,
no maximum number of items, maximum weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- Oberstaufen guest card
- travel documents and maps in english
- visitor taxes payable on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable ladies and gentlemen bikes with trapezoidal frame available in different frame sizes with 30-gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrivals daily from 14.04. to 16.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 599 EUR super saver price
24.04.-29.04. + 09.10.-16.10.
- 649 EUR saver price
14.04.-23.04. + 30.04.-14.05. + 18.09.-08.10.
- 699 EUR basic price
15.05.-21.05. + 29.05.-31.05.
19.06.-30.06. + 21.08.-17.09.
- 749 EUR seasonal price
22.05.-28.05. + 01.06.-18.06. + 01.07.-20.08.
- 200 EUR single room surcharge
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 195 EUR e-Bike
- 75 EUR extra night Kressbronn/Oberstaufen, DBL, B&B
- 105 EUR extra night Kressbronn/Oberstaufen, SGL, B&B
- 60 EUR extra night in an other cities, DBL, B&B
- 90 EUR extra night in an other cities, SGL, B&B
- booking code "Athletic tour in the Allgäu":
- how you can save money
Arrival to the athletic tour in the Allgäu:
Parking in Kressbronn:
Free parking spaces: Parking garage, railway station car park.
Parking spaces available at individual hotels for a fee.
Arriving by train:
Train station Kressbronn
Arrival at Friedrichshafen airport:
By train, hourly, journey takes approx. 30 min., 1 x change, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 4.
By bus, hourly, journey takes approx. 40 min., 1 x change, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 3.
Arrival at Munich airport:
By train, regularly, journey takes approx. 4 h., 2-3 x changes, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 45.
Arrival at Zurich airport:
By train, regularly, journey takes approx. 3 min., 3 x change, train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 40.
Pre-booked rental bikes are ready for you in your hotel.
Perfectly looked after:
- During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.